Monday 23 June 2014

Analysis Template v1.02 and Answer to the Questions

Few days ago I have published and share Financial Statement Analysis Template to my blog and i3investor.

I am happy to learn that some of the readers found the template usefull. And, I would like to say thank you to the feedback that provided by the template users. From the feedback that I have gathered, I made some improvement to original template by introducing more financial line item and ratio. And, I also have make some correction on the formula.And now, I have uploaded Financial Statement Analysis Template v1.02 to the ond drive. You can click here to access to the updated template. Please use the latest template if you want to perform a new analyst. 

Answer to the Questions:-

[1] Where to look for the Annual Result or Quarter Result for the listed companies.

The hyperlink to look for the annual or quarter result will be showed on the intrustions sectionsin Finance worksheet after you key in the Stock Code for the companies (stock code can be key in on General Worksheet)


Or alternately, you can access it on http://www.klse.my/. Look for the company that you want to research by key in the company name on the top right search box and pick the company.






After that, you can look for Result -> Annual or Result -> Quarter.


http://www.klse.my/stock/9598.jsp
http://www.klse.my/stock/result/annual/9598.jsp#stockDetailDiv

http://www.klse.my/stock/result/quarter/9598.jsp#stockDetailDiv

[2] What is 52W High\Low Adjusted Price?

If there is no corporate exercise (bonus issue, split, etc...), the adjusted price should be same with normal price. Let's take PTARAS as example. PTARAS have a 1-1 bonus issue on 12-Dec-13 (reference: http://www.klse.my/stock/entitlement/capitalChange/9598.jsp#stockDetailDiv). If you have 1000 PTARAS share prior to 12-Dec-13, then your total share after 12-Dec-13 will be 2000. Owing to this, the price prior to 12-Dec-13, need to divide by 2 to reflect the change.

[3] What is Price CAGR?

Compound annual growth rate (CAGR) is a useful measure of growth over multiple time periods. It can be thought of as the growth rate that gets you from the initial investment value to the ending investment value if you assume that the investment has been compounding over the time period. You can read more on http://www.investinganswers.com/financial-dictionary/investing/compound-annual-growth-rate-cagr-1096

Price CAGR is to determine if buy and hold strategy can be applied to this counter. In another meaning, this input can help me check if I buy a say counter for 3,5, and 10 year ago, what will be annualized return? Check on this number can give me some confidence to hold the counter. Say, I target for a CAGR of 15% and the historical data show that the 10 year CAGR of this stock is 20%, then I am much more than happier to hold the stock if fundamental intact.

It will take time to compute the figure. You can leave it blank as It won't affect the financial statement analysis.

[4] IRR Column? What is that? Can set manual IRR?

I default the IRR to 12% right now. In the future, I may use a more qualititive approach to detrmine the IRR. You might want to key in the manual IRR to suite your own taste.

[5] Can use the template if existing company/business has less than 10 years data?

Yes. It will show you the data based on what you have key in. Let me know if you face any issue.

[6] Is it compulsory to key in the quarterly data?

You can leave it empty. And, the T4Q, AQR and Quarter ratio will be blank.

[7] What is FYE - High and FYE - Low? Is it the High  and Low Price in a Calendar Year?

The price will be used to calculate the Highest and Lowest P/E ratio for a F.Y. So, it will be make more sense if you able to grab the High \ Low based on Stock F.Y.

And, bear in mind that some time the coporate exercise like bonus issue, stock split, etc will affect the stock price. And, it will be better if you able to locate for the adjusted price
 

Appendix:

The template was created based on my understanding from following materials:-

1 comment:

  1. Hi , how do we get historical 52 week high and low ?

    ReplyDelete